Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Strolling the Left Bank


Yeah... I  wish it was THAT left bank, the one found on the River Seine in La Ville Lumi'ere, otherwise known as Paris, a place I have known and would someday love to know again, but more like a walk down to our local major river, the Schuylkill, which flows behind my place to explore and check out the bank debris after the winter. Left meaning, we turned left along the bank reaching it via the Sanatoga creek.

Afterwards.... a hearty meal was in order and the order was already in place, thanks to the slow cooker I got for Christmas. Having prepared it in the morning (actually browning the meat the night before) allowed us to just have fun without the pressure to get dinner together. We had a good time skipping stones, trying to aim them, doing slow motion videos and building a small, temporary (as the next storm will take it downstream) and informal Cairn.








No great recipe here, just a tasty one of some beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, herbs, Worcestershire, etc... and time left alone to do it's thing. After our spot besides the river, we walked along the creek and checked out the local flora and railroad tracks for interesting 'bits' left behind from a passing train as well as had a balancing challenge on the rails. I am proud to say I handily beat him on this one. As he said, "one of the few things I can still beat him at". I am still quite agile.... it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment