Friday, January 30, 2015

Warming of the Bones


After some time away to sit in the Florida sun, visiting friends and family and sharing in the preparation and enjoyment of the delicious latin meals served by my friend's Colombian wife, I arrived back into a brutally cold and snowy weather front that has decended here in the North East. Leaving behind balmy breezes, days of sunshine and temparatures in the 70's - 80's, I was desperately looking to stay warm. Living alone, without a warm companion by my side, I turned to looking through my website 'bookmarks', then found and  made this more recent recipe as a pseudo subsitute. This very yummy Potato Leek Soup with Italian Sausage came from from another's eating idea posts.

Perfectly fit for the pallet at the end of a very cold and snowy work day, it was well accompanied by a warm roll of crusty, (but soft inside) bread and really did the trick to warm both inside and out. It was simply sauteeing the leeks in the sausage pan until they were reduced, adding rough cut potatoes, butter, milk and some spices and then letting the slow cooker do it's magic.


The Leeks on their way to the pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment