Friday, January 9, 2015

All things Pumpkin


It seems now every fall and winter, more and more food items are coming up Pumpkin. As if Jack O Lanterns on front porches and pumpkin pie aren't enough, now I see pumpkin coffee, pumpkin beer (if that is considered a food), pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cheescake and this...pumpkin pasta sauce.

Found as a link from a Potato Leek soup source, this somehow caught my eye and I thought to take a chance on pumpkin overload. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a delicious, hearty, savory and perfect dish for a winter's night. As time is sparse on most evenings after work, I simply just placed it over a bed of Penne topped with (yes preground) Parmesan cheese. To start, I used a sweet Italian sausage that was browned before sauteeing in the creamy pumpkin sauce with a hint of ginger.

Although we were a tad hesitant to think of pumkin and pasta in the same dish, it was quite tasty and I would gladly do it again, perhaps substituting something more healthy in place of the noodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment