Wednesday, January 7, 2015

NomNomPaleo


A web site that I found when researching alternative foods Choices/sources. If you too are interested in healthier alternatives, you should too. The seems to be this whole world of foods, such as coconut oil, which I never really paid attention to. Yesterday, at the market...I found it and am using it already. Fantastic!

This wonderful Cabbage soup I made last night was the perfect compliment to the sweet potato fries (also found there) that I made for a snowing, very cold, winter's night. It was hearty, satifying and warm. It called for kidney beans, but I added garbonzo beans (grabbed the wrong can off the store shelf), but and then ended up finding Kidneys in my pantry, so I put them both in. As with most every meal when cooking for two, I end up with extras that I can save for another time. It was simply browning organic, grass fed beef in the coconut oil, adding the cabbage and sauteeing it down, then I tossed in cellery, tomatoes, some spice and after simmering it for an hour, we were set. Hayden was happy...which makes me happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment