Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pucker up...


Lemon Artichoke Chicken... Another awesome idea from an 'eating' post I check out, this uber delicious dinner was a real treat for the buds tonight. Hayden said the food here was like a "restaurant"... a compliment if I ever had one given my zero budget, but it was quickly followed up with "it could use a tad more heat" (ie: hotter spice) in a food network critic kind of tone. When he was scraping the pan for seconds...I was  happy...heat or not.

I coated the chicken in flour, bread crumbs and basil, to then sautee it in olive oil and a little garlic until it reached a nice crispy brown, followed by adding the artichokes with some juice, lemons on top and a small amount of white wine. Served with a Wild brown long grain rice and ginger/honey glazed carrots, it was a big hit (minus the heat comment...I will put hot sauce on the table) as the chicken was moist, tender but crispy and very full of amazingly deep flavor. This recipe is one Hayden said to put into the "stable", which in fact really is just some notes on lined papers clipped to a big clothes pin on the side of my fridge. Afterwards, I gave him a break from the dishwashing duties, taking them on myself within a fond memory and allowing him to delight me with the descriptions of his Minecraft building accomplishments from the kitchen table. Just to have him nearby and to enjoy a meal with was reward enough.


















.Simmering it all in the pan


My tiny preparitory space to work with and the shiny copper bottom pots hanging ready to go. Well, shiny until the second I actually have to cook with them of course. A coffee plant and 4 Avocado seeds soon to be rooting in the Pellegrino bottles along with the pretty Sanatoga Creek flowing in the background. I have learned that step by step clean up is a constantly required part of the cooking process here, to allow space to continue moving ahead. I am learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment